I want to bring up the issue of projectiles hanging in the air for a
moment after spawning again. The last time it was discussed the solution
given was to predict:

http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com/msg21121.html

This is a bad idea though, because it causes the projectile to
materialise several feet in front of the firer on observers' computers
(contrary to what Tony said at the time, TF2 does NOT predict
rockets/grenades).

The problem is that the projectile is spawned as soon as the client
receives it, irrespective of interpolation, and then (correctly) does
not start to move until interp catches up. You can change the length of
the delay by increasing the interp period; decreasing host_timescale
makes spotting the difference easier.

I've run tests and discovered that /all/ of Valve's games are affected
by this issue, including TF2. I've not compiled the SDK template game
but I expect it also suffers.

The solution is clear: prevent the projectile's clientside
representation from spawning until the interpolated world is ready.
Anyone know how to do that?