So now that we have a plausible fix for movement, has anyone looked at
multiple passengers?

My understanding of it is the vehicles are set up with a passenger system.
Just Passenger 0 (1?) is considered the driver.

My guess on implementing multiple-passengers in the vehicle would require
checking hitboxes and making a second vehicle.eyes bone/attachment.

However, last time I looked I couldn't find (in the code) where getting into
the vehicle picked your eyeposition and moved you into it. I might go poke
around it later today though.