It's a good thought, and not just because you might be "lazy".  There are many times when for whatever reason you can't get to the files themselves at the moment.  The only problem I have with that is that I'm not really sure I want anyone with the rcon pass to be able to be writing values to the server.cfg.  I guess the current situation is more secure and good enough :)

Eric (the Deacon remix)
http://www.firekite.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wholesale Computers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Writing to the server.cfg file while in console

Can this be done any in way like the banip then write command.
Say you wanted to hard code a CVAR to your server.cfg on the fly cause your just that lazy and don't wish to manually edit the file in corresponding directory.  Can it be done, and if not there's a future suggestion...........

http://www.cs-stargate.com
http://www.mod-home.com