I found this tutorial for the sv_downloadurl setting.
I was just wondering if I can get it to download any file, not only maps?

"To do this, you copy the files needed for "de_generic" to your webspace,
placing them in a folder called "my_cstrike" in your webspace top-level
directory"
Does it have to be "my_cstrike", or what ever you choose as long as you keep
the structure from the root of the web area?

Why I ask is because I host fy_iceworld which needs de_vegas.wad to run.
The map gets downloaded but then cs crash with en error message containing
this wad file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tutorial:
http://www.computergames.ro/forum/archive/index.php/t-100342.html