From: stalker333 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 2:31 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] SPAM - Valve!?!

Valve List Mods,

Ya know.... I've thought about this for a good long while now and I have
to agree with just about everyone else on this list, when they say we
want Mr Anti-Spam Spammer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) removed from the
list...

I, of course, already have rules setup to auto-junk this crap...
However, what if EVERYONE on this list started using that type of
anti-spam? Imagine the kind of backwards spam that would create.
Allowing him to stay on the list does nothing but encourage that, and
really pisses off the rest of us. Perhaps I should setup an account with
this stupid company myself, maybe if we all start doing it the mods will
get off their butts and take some action.

Frankly.... I don't send HIM email, I don't want him to send ME any. I
send email to VALVE and get spammed by another party, that makes it
Valve's problem/fault. It's an EASY fix (this I know for a fact) and I
don't understand the reasons behind the inaction. Perhaps someone from
Valve (Read: if you are NOT from Valve, don't guess an answer) can
explain why they let this continue?

I've worked in a couple abuse@ departments (fighting spam, specifically)
and like I said, I know how easy this is to fix. So I guess that,
really, is what's pissing me off the most. The fact that is a simple fix
and yet, despite all the complaints, the list mod(s) have done nothing?

Confused & Annoyed,

-The Joint Chief
AKA Stoned Smurf