Dear Alfred and Valve,

First of all, let me say that I have had a lot of enjoyment from Counter
Strike Source, so much so that I created GotGames.com.au in Australia to
specifically address the lack of a serious CSS competitive community in
Australia and New Zealand. In a little over 6 months, we have created the
biggest source community in Australia and New Zealand. The updates and
changes that you have made to the game have been very positive on the whole.
Fixing the crouch POV and the SourceTV was a huge boost for the competitive
scene and much appreciated.

I am writing to you in the hope that you will address 4 issues that several
programmers believe would take one competent programmer less than 1 day
resolve. If these 4 simple changes were made, it would really help the
competitive community and help organisations such as WCG, CPL and CEVO make
the change to source. These issues involve no changes to the engine itself
but merely the addition of some simple cvars.

1. Dead body Cam, when you die you have approximately 3-5 seconds to tell
your teammates through Ventrilo and Teamspeak which way the opposition went
before the camera view changes to one of your teammates. A cvar that turns
off the dead body cam so that when you die, the camera view instantly
changes to your teammates POV removing the ability for you to be able to
spectate the enemy illegally while you are dead. This simple cvar would make
the world of difference to the online competitive community.

2. Dead players being able to tell their live teammates through Ventrilo or
Teamspeak that the opposition has just picked up the bomb because the
scoreboard tells players when a bomb has been picked up the opposition. A
simple cvar would resolve this and could be implemented very easily.

3. The creation of a cvar that turns the need to purchase ammo on, obviously
this would be more involved than the first 2 but couldn't be to hard
assuming that you still have the ammo code somewhere. By removing the need
to purchase ammo you removed a substantial amount of tactics from the game,
I also agree though removing ammo for the average player is a good idea,
hence the best option is a cvar.

4. A cvar that increases the walking speed for competitive purposes, again a
very simple change that would be welcomed by the competitive community
without affecting the public community.

So as you can see, these are very simple and easy changes that Valve could
make that would significantly improve the competitive community and I'm
certain that 95% of the competitive community would agree with me.

Alex "Hybrid" Mottshaw