I've got this error coming up now.
Failed to load sound file ... probably missing from disk/repository

People who have the file cached from before have my custom sounds play just
fine.
People who don't have them download them just fine, but they don't play when
triggered - that error shows up in the console instead.
I'm running the latest beetle's mod (.70B)

I've tried:
setting sv_pure to 0
changing my download redirection to my alternate space
disabling download redirection
playing the files in windows (works)
using wavs instead of mp3s

The odd thing is I had a friend check for me - he joined my servers and it
worked.
I had him delete his local copies, and they redownloaded when he joined the
server again, but would not play properly.
The files have not changed at all.

Any ideas?