I'm pretty sure that unless a server is pure (without the proper
whitelist) or enforces consistency that custom models and such are fine.
Maps are different however; they're required to be the same. The server
will check if the client has the map, and if they do, check the checksum
against their map. If it's not the same, they'll be kicked with a
message telling them that they're map differs from the server's.