Just installed MM+SM on my server, and set myself up as admin.

Seems to have set my maxplayers to 14 (or at least, the reported maxplayers).
My commandline still shows 8.  I don't see any reference to this setting in any
of the sourcemod config files, and I've never seen this behavior before.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

This is with sourcemod version 1.2.0-hg2518 , and metamod source 1.7.0 .