Hi everyone,

I read a while back that TF2 had a timeout on map change bug, where players
would be dropped from the server with a 'Timeout' message, which was later
fixed (According to the Steam website, early March 09).

We've noticed several times some of our Left 4 Dead servers will drop all
players due to a 'Timeout' (after reading the server console) during the map
change. Players get the 'Lost connection to server, reconnecting.' message
with a countdown timer of 30 seconds.

Most of the time the servers are fine and have no issues.

The actual server does not crash, and you can reconnect to it later, which
reminded me of the problem experienced by TF2 servers where it uploaded game
stats during map change.

Is this still/was it ever a problem with Left 4 Dead servers? Does anyone
know anything about this problem?

Cheers,

Andrew