Oh noes! Valve is making us update our servers so they can't be DoSed or
exploited or crashed! The world is ending!!!!

Seriously, Valve does an absolutely superb job of keeping TF2 up to date. If
you are too lazy to update your servers then maybe you shouldn't run them.
Or have a TFC server, that'd be easier and require no updating.