From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of MjrNuT
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:24 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] [TF2][SourceTV] Slot Count Change Recently?

Since Valve added bots, the player slot count total has changed.

Any bots added to the server are subtracted from the Player Slot total.

eg. 6 bots on a 24 slot, will be 0/18.

SourceTV is a bot.

Therefore, if you are on TCAdmin, your GSP may trigger you for using an
extra slot eg. 24 slot is now 25 slot w/ STV.  This is b/c the max slot
number exceeded +maxplayers 24.

As I suspected, the update impacted/changed the way the maxplayers are shown
as well as player slots to use.

1 - Do not set cvar sv_maxvisibleplayers in server.cfg.

Things to note:

If on TCadmin, then you might have a sideeffect of being notified that your
player slots have been modified without permission.  Can result in disabling
your server immediately for some GSPs, or delayed with other GSPs.

Contact your GSP.  TCAdmin has a specific field to allow for that extra
slot, which was working fine before the TF2 bot inclusion.  Or the GSP will
increase your +maxplayers to 25 w/o charge.

Result: 25 players can join the server, SourceTV then makes it total 26
slots.  Repeat the same issue.  LOL

2 - Set sv_maxvisibleplayers "25" (equals +maxplayers "25")

Server browser, HLSW all show max 25 slots.

24 Players can now join the server with SourceTV as intended.

I do think this seems to be wrong though.  Shouldn't you be able to set
+maxplayers 24 (vanilla slot count), have STV online, and be able to have 24
players join?  That is still the problem and the above options are how to
make that happen now w/ the new TF2 Bots added shortly after the Demo/Solly
update.

[FLASH] MjrNuT
Arise from Flames and Ash, Behold Immortality

www.flamesandash.com