I have sv_search_key set to keep my server private for my community, however
since the last update it seems to be randomly dropping it from the tags
which then allows random public players to join. When I restart the server
and check sv_showtags, I get this:

Tags:
Public :  coop,empty
Private:
g:l4d2,coop,realism,survival,versus,scavenge,grp:###i,key:######2014

and that's great. However, after a while I'll notice that my server is being
played by random players. When I check the sv_showtags again it shows this:

Tags:
Public :  coop
Private:  g:l4d2,coop,realism,survival,versus,scavenge,grp:###i,

they key is just non-existant which is allowing public players to join. A
quick server restart fixes the issue temporarily, but it was working just
fine before the last update. Is there any reason that my server would be
dropping the key at what seems to be random intervals? This is happening on
a fresh install with no plugins.