From: Claudio Beretta <beretta.clau...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, June 17, 2010 12:15:18 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 Update Available

Silent replied only to the hlds_linux mailing list a provided good
info about this issue.
This is my reply to him, his one follows:

----

Thank you for your kind response, I wasn't aware of these new convar:
I always read the release notes at each update and check the wiki but
they haven't been mentioned. Now I see they opened a topic on the
forum explaining it. For anyone interested, here it is
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15373843

BTW in my opinion tf_bot_add shouldn't increment the bot quota:
1) if you want to set a bot quota you can modify tf_bot_quota convar manually
2) it didn't work like this in previous tf2 versions, same for CSS bot
and bot_quota convars
but not a big deal, we can live with that. Just remember to put
tf_bot_quota 0 in the server.cfg or you'll have bots in non koth maps.

to Niels Meijer:
> This isnt steam support! Use google!!!
very mature. I'm a server admin, I run 10 tf2 servers and was asking
on the server admins mailing list for help related to servers.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Silent <sil...@ccmail.cc> wrote:
This is not a bug, it is a feature indeed :)

Please consult the documentation for the bots and use the following
settings:

tf_bot_quota_mode    normal
tf_bot_join_after_player    0
tf_bot_auto_vacate    0
tf_bot_quota    8
mp_humans_must_join_team    "any"

The bot management is much better since previous update. By default a
bot joins the server when a player comes in. So you can play with all
your friends in one team against the bots.

There are a lot of settings more to control the bots behaviour...

Silent

http://www.jockersoft.com
http://www.wantedgov.it