Have any reccomendations for these 2 settings?

// Number of times a user can fail rcon authentication in
sv_rcon_minfailuretime before being banned
sv_rcon_minfailures
// Number of seconds to track failed rcon authentications
sv_rcon_minfailuretime

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM, dmex <dme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I quote CodeProject: "Long passwords are for lunatics!"
>
> Before you start questioning that statement, If the SteamID is locked for
> 24
> hours after three unsuccessful attempts, a six-digit PIN can withstand 100
> years of sustained attack (unless they have physical access to your box).
>
> Just think about that for one second, a 100 years to crack a 6 digit
> numerical password...
>

> Now set banpenalty and maxfailures in your server.cfg then you don't need
> to bother with really long/complex passwords because an attacker is only
> going to get 3 attempts a day..
>
> // Number of minutes to ban users who fail rcon authentication, 1440 = 24h
> sv_rcon_banpenalty 1440
> // Max number of times a user can fail rcon authentication before being
> banned
> sv_rcon_maxfailures 3
>
> I also suggest everyone having a read of this article to understand a bit
> better why long passwords are for lunatics:
>
> http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2010/09/password-unprotected/62656/
>
> dmex
>
> -----Original Message----- From: e...@ccgaming.com
> Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:14 AM
> To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
> Subject: Re: [hlds] SRCDS Protect Tips
>
> HLSW and rcon commands that I want to see output from (rcon status for
> instance), amongst other reasons.

>>> 0-9 contains 62 symbol counts, while all of the American standard code