The Wiki page is not outdated. I have three working implementations (Ruby, Java
and PHP) for my Steam Condenser project (http://koraktor.de/steam-condenser)
based on the VDC docs.

There are some tripwires though, especially when it comes to long server

There's also a fork of Steam Condenser (http://github.com/txdv/steam-condenser)
trying to implement it for C#. So you might want to take a look at that too.

Best regards,
    Sebastian