We're going to be launching some new Halloween content in the near future and
wanted to give you all a quick heads-up.  There will be random gift drops, but
this year we are requiring that participants register their servers.  If you
choose not to register, you can still run the Halloween maps, but no gifts will
drop on your server.  By registering, your server will also be included in
matchmaking, which will potentially drive traffic to you.  Note that cheating
or otherwise abusing the gift drop system will result in losing your
registration, access to gift drops and other potential value-adds in the future.

You still have plenty of time, as this change won't be going live until next
week.  Registration is quick and simple, and is outlined
here<https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2825-AFGJ-3513#how>.

-Jon