Starting a server that way isn't the best of ideas. Instead of starting it
as a service, why not just start it as a normal screen from a
non-privileged user? That way it doesn't require root to start/stop the
process.

Also, if you read the comments on that site, it mentions that it starts 2
instances, and how to fix it.

*I had the issue as well, I am no expert but my solution was to comment ‘#’
out line 19*
*
*
*replace ” screen -d -m -S $NAME $DAEMON $PARAMS ” with “# screen -d -m -S
$NAME $DAEMON $PARAMS ” and I no longer have 2 instances.*

The guide also has a few inaccuracies, such as saying that srcds won't run
on 64 bit architecture. These days, I'd say the "right" way would be to
have a dedicated non-privileged user for the tf2 server, and have nemrun to
keep the server running and up to date.

http://nephyrin.net/tools/nemrun/latest/