Everyone,

We've got an update for RO2 that will be launching any minute now, and will
be running in conjunction with a free weekend on Steam. Here are the
details:

Now that the $35,000 Counterattack Mapping Contest for Red Orchestra 2 has
concluded and helped us find the best community made maps, Tripwire
Interactive has worked with the original map makers to polish them up and
add them into the game as Official Custom Maps. Today we are releasing
those for Red Orchestra 2 completely free - they will be automatically
added to your game through Steam. And, to make sure that everyone gets a
chance to try them out, we're making Red Orchestra 2 free to play for the
weekend (Thu 8 Apr through Sun 11 Apr). Just head for Steam, download the
game and play.

 These are some of the best maps you'll see - adding some great new
gameplay. All are included for free for everyone who owns the game. Don't
forget there are more great community maps and content on Steam Workshop,
so head on over there now!

 The first Counterattack Map Contest Pack contains the following new maps:

   - Winterwald - the wintry map that won the contest outright; Germans
   attacking a Russian hill-top position through the trees and snow.
   - Arad 2 Tanks - the classic Red Orchestra "Arad" map brought forward
   into Red Orchestra 2; now a warm, sunny environment for some serious
   tank-to-tank combat.
   - Rakowice - another classic Red Orchestra map, updated for the new
   generation; Russians assaulting the ruins of a German-held airfield in
   Poland.
   - Stalingrad Kessel - one of the most loved RO maps, created in the
   original mod, reproduced in the first Red Orchestra game and now brought
   forward into its latest incarnation!

Cheers,

John Gibson

President