Fletch,

SMAC uses the StartQueryCvarValue method of IServerPluginHelpers to
determine if the client has sv_consistency set to 1 (if the server has it
enabled). It's basically a check to ensure that the client is not faking
replicated convar values.

Because the sv_consistency ConVar no longer exists, the SteamPipe clients
are returning eQueryCvarValueStatus_CvarNotFound for the query. SMAC is not
expecting this, and kicks the client.

You are correct in saying that if clients are getting kicked by SMAC for
this, the server needs to update their SMAC installation.

Kind regards,
Saul Rennison