We've noticed that SteamCMD can be a bit finicky when using branching (by
finicky I mean that batch files and shortcuts may not work). If you need to
grab the early access Rising Storm/RO2 server files manually from SteamCMD
here are step by step instructions:

start up SteamCMD
Enter the following commands:
login <yourname> <yourpass>
force_install_dir <the dir where you want to put the serverfiles>
app_update 212542 validate -beta risingstorm

That will cause SteamCMD to download the early access server files.

Thanks,

John