Thanks I'll give that a go. Had no idea I could specify a custom motd.

GE
From: Abbas Khalil
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:24 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Reply To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] MOTD caching?

Create a file in your game directoy where the motd.txt exists and lets call it custommotd.txt.
add your weblink in that motd file.
edit your server.cfg or whichever cfg file you execute on server startup and add this line to it.
motdfile "custommotd.txt"
and let your server execute the server.cfg file and it will read the MOTD from the custommotd.txt file.
This should fix the problem with the caching, thats how I avoided my caching problem with the motd.
Good luck.