I recently had to shut-down my Asia / Pacific region TF2 server - that
was formerly hosted in Hong Kong.

I had an issue with my hosting provider - either with their
infrastructure not being able to handle the network traffic, or there
inability to find and clean-out DoS-related endpoints (either sources
or targets) on their network.  In either event, the end-result is that
I am no longer hosting a TF2 server in that region.

There seem to be TF2 players over there that are under-serviced, and
down-right hungry for non-Vanilla/non-stock TF2 servers.   During most
of the time I had the server running in Hong Kong, it was getting
TWICE as many player-visits as it's North America equivalent.

So, there seems to be a "supply-and-demand" thing going-on in that
region, where there are lots of players, but few good servers for
them.

I know there are lots of multi-server game-communities out there on
the Internet(s).  So, what I am suggesting to you, is that you
consider putting-up a TF2 server somewhere in that region.  It would
not necessarily have to be in Hong Kong specifically - just somewhere
in that region.  I had players from ALL over that region - but had the
most "active" return/regular players from Hong Kong, Korea, China,
Taiwan and Japan.

Apparently (based on what I seen in my HLStatsX:CE pages), I was
attacking players allow-over that region, including:

1,977 Players =  Hong Kong
1,238 Players =  Korea (South - "presumably")
1,211 Players =  Russian Federation (some of this might be to my N.A. server)
347 Players =  China
276 Players =  Thailand
237 Players =  Taiwan
183 Players =  Kazakhstan
176 Players =  Viet Nam
138 Players =  Singapore
124 Players =  Sweden
90 Players =  Philippines
89 Players =  Japan
86 Players =  Macau
77 Players =  Indonesia
66 Players =  Malaysia
57 Players =  Australia
44 Players =  India
34 Players =  Mongolia
12 Players =  Cambodia
10 Players =  New Zealand

Anyway, I thought this would be both an opportunity for some community
to expand, and for the players over there (among whom are obviously my
ex-players) to have some decent servers available for them.

Take it or leave it as you will, this is all just FYI/suggestion.