Dear TF2 Team,
We are approaching the 6 month mark to what we had been told would be a
temporary situation (i.e. the removal of community servers from Quickplay by
default). To my knowledge - unless I missed something somewhere - there has not
been any communication in those six months from the TF2 development team as to
if/when we can expect to return to a level playing field in terms of how
community servers are treated.
At this point, it appears the change is permanent. If so, all I ask is that you
communicate with us and let us know if that is indeed the case, and community
servers will no longer receive equal treatment in the long term.
In our case, we are hanging onto - and paying for - dedicated (ad-free) servers
that have been online for over four years in the hopes that we might be able to
see them repopulated again down the road...but again, if that will no longer be
possible, it would simply be courteous to let us know so that we can let our
community know we have to shut them down for good.
Thank You.