That is most likely the directX installer failing out. Currently the server files have a directX dependency (and we can't ship DirectX .dll's with the game).

Jared Creasy
Community Relations
Tripwire Interactive

On 4/21/2015 10:09 AM, markg wrote:
I had tried that, but get an error message:  Installation Failed, your video
card must support at least shader model 3.  Installer will now exit.

Makes sense due to it being a xen vps without any video card. (but it does
show video is enabled etc.)

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:08:49 -0400
From: John Gibson <j...@tripwireinteractive.com>
        <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [hlds] Killing Floor 2 Early Access - Fail to Launch
        Server

Did you try running the redist file packaged with the server (I think it's
called UE3Redist)? That installs some prerequisites (direct x, proper .NET
version, etc). I can't remember the exact location, away from my computer at
the moment, but if you search the servers folders for that file you should
find it. Run that, and I think it will solve your problems.

Thanks,

John