Hi all

I am using a nonstandard filename for motdfile, but it is not being respected. It is also notable that my motdfile_text is also not being respected in the same way, but that's the same issue.

My server.cfg has the following line:

motdfile "motd.html"

And then, that file has a single-line http:// reference to the real MOTD.

This is on a test server, so I have a lot of room to mess around. I've replaced the entire server.cfg and removed the addons folder to no effect. I don't think I am doing anything else funny which might be related to this issue.

It is notable that despite the above command in server.cfg, the server console says:

"Set motd from file 'cfg/motd.txt'

But if I type "motdfile" to see what the current setting is, it says:

motdfile
"motdfile" = "motd.html" ( def. "motd.txt" )

So, the command was evaluated by the server, but isn't being respected for some reason.

This is on Linux FYI.

I know that this was working yesterday, because I was working on a MOTD then. Now, today, after the update, it's not working. Is this something broken today, or did I just not notice this behavior before?