It really humors me that

>There's always a group of people that have a knee-jerk negative reaction
to any kind of change. The wise move for Valve would be to allow the system
to run for awhile to see what it really does to the overall game's
population - it's impossible to gauge what affect this will have if they
waffle back and forth without allowing time for a decent amount of data.

was the reaction by Valve over the hissy fit the server owners threw when
they got taken off something. Amazing how you now agree with that idea when
it benefits you.