Looks like my plan to do Holiday gift-drops on our TF2 server using the
"Pile o' Gifts" item have hit a major snag.

Valve (in their infinite wisdom) at some point made the Pile o' Gifts
"un-usable" while "un-tradeable"; and "un-tradeable" for one week after
purchase! Does anybody really "trade" such items anyway? It seems totally
unnecessary for an item themed to be used during the holidays, can not
actually be BOTH purchased AND used during the holidays - unless you
purchased a WEEK in advance.

So, although I have a few "Pile o' Gifts" essentially "in stock", ready to
"use" in-game, it will not let me actually use them.

Thanks for the War on Swissmas.