-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of JäKë T
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 11:25 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com

Well, I was thinking the same thing, then Burton Johnsey   posted from their
valve account.
If you ask me their retarded if this happens.
Forums are just filled with stupid kids and it's going to be more of a pain for
all of us.

I think this system works great,
Maybe they just want to stop people from posting their ideas...
Thats the only thing I could see them doing here changing to forums, next thing
you know some people will be magicly banned from the forums. :) Maybe a irc
channel setup could be a good way for server admins to know when an update is
out.> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:18:01 -0600> From: the.autoly...@gmail.com> To:
hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com> Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Important notice
regarding the HLDS mailing lists> > I assume this isn't real.> > -Burton
Johnsey> Valve Software> > From a gmail account? Can anyone confirm the
validity of this post?> > On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Walton Hoops
<wal...@vyper.hopto.org> wrote:> > Third. Please reconsider Valve. I find this
list MUCH more useful than> > forums.> >> > -----Original Message-----> > From:
hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com> >
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Florian> >
Zschocke> > Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 2:01 PM> > To: Half-Life dedicated
Linux server mailing list> > Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Important notice
regarding the HLDS mailing lists> >> > On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM, James
Gurney <ja...@globalmegacorp.org>> > wrote:> >> :> >> Maybe I'm old fashioned,
but I find mailing lists far superior for the> >> sort of topics discussed
here. The signal/noise ratio is drastically> >> higher than a forum. It's
delivered to my mailbox, so it's not yet> >> another site I have to check every
half hour to see what's happening,> >> it's not cluttered with irrelevant
graphics. I can easily filter out the> >> useful information and save it in a
folder for future reference, etc.> > etc..> >> > Second.> >> >> >> >