The email you quoted was a reply to a question.  So I'm not sure what
problem you mean.

If your problem is "I am seeing steam_ids on a server which is set to LAN"
then just change map, as referred to in the email you quoted
If your problem is "I want to see steam_ids but am not" then set lan mode to
off, then change maps, as can be inferred from the email you quoted