firewall rule could be adjusted to this:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -d SERVER_IP --dport SERVER_PORT -m
string --algo kmp --string 'TSource Engine Query' -m length --length 53 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 21015

As for the rate limit... I don't think this is a good idea, because setting
such a limit will make the server disappear from the browser list for legit
clients. And if you have a good connection, you probably will not notice the
traffic increase anyway.