I'm guessing he doesn't have the +map command in his command line.

I've got 3 machines running a whole mess of forks, all responding.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Chris Green
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:18 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Netcon for L4D2 demo server forks

I don't get that result.. I started up with -fork 10 +map c5m1_waterfront
-netconport 90##:

- typing "broadcast map c5m1_waterfront" into the console I launched from
worked (note that this didn't work in l4d1 - I added code to accept commands
from the console in fork mode this time).
- connecting to port 9000 and typing "status" gave me the status of all 10
instances.
- connecting to port 9001 and typing status gave me the status of instance #1.

Is anyone else seeing the behavior david describes?