This is probably going to be implemented regardless of our comments. I can
only see this causing more issues, and being a complete waste of
development time, but that's my opinion. Provide the interface and make
optional for what Valve plans to enable by default. The former has already
been done (afaik, mind you it isn't very specific), along with the latter.
Option 4 is absolutely poisonous.

Thanks,
Kyle.