Hi, what rules did you setup to block the syn packets in iptables? After
enabling syn cookies it helped for a while but now its not helping.

Thanks.

________________________________
 From: Michael Johansen <michs...@live.no>
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:57:54 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Incoming DoS attack

Syn cookies didn't help for me sadly. Had to tune sysctl a tad more. Bumping up
the maximum values for nf_conntrack module and all sorts of things. Now I'm
using a couple of iptables rules to block all SYN-packets going over 5 per
second. I've blocked ~800k packets the last days since enabling it. It's quite
stable for now, but you never know when you're in for a larger attack
unfortunantly.