i tried using hltv but i get errors - first i had to symlink core.so to
core_i386.so and then starting it :

Console initialized.
FileSystem initialized.
Network uses x.x.x.x as host IP.
Network initialized.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 10
Master module initialized.
Server module initialized.
World module initialized.
Demo client initialized.
Executing file hltv.cfg.
hltv.cfg loaded.
WARNING! System::DispatchCommand: command "public 0 " not registered.
Proxy module initialized.
Executing file hltv.cfg.
hltv.cfg loaded.
WARNING! System::DispatchCommand: command "public 0 " not registered.
Type 'help' for a list of commands.
Challenging x.x.x.x:27015 (1/3).
Get challenge (HASHEDCDKEY)
Connecting to  x.x.x.x:27015 (1/3).

BUILD 5944 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 1

Added 917 resources.

WARNING! World::SetBaselineEntity: index (-1) out of bounds.