I haven't seen any of my TF2 servers do this.  However, I run them
under "something other than root", and also I run them under "nice" to
... well ... make them play nice with one another on the same server.

nice -n 6 ./srcds_run -secure -game tf +port 6301 -steamport 7301
-whatever-other-parameters-you-want -debug;