For those of you not hosting TF2 servers, you may not understand what
the issue is. Over the past couple of years, the TF2 team at Valve has
been killing community servers by making them more and more difficult
to find and reach, and content that did not work on community servers.
Community servers went from being more populated than official servers
to being less populated through these unnatural changes.

A few months ago, Valve put every community server into a separate
category at the bottom of the list (basically custom tabs 2.0) which I
could not believe was being described as a positive for community
servers https://twitter.com/4G_b4nny/status/729839464684490752 You
even had server owners here thinking it was actually a good thing.

And now this is the first Halloween update where community servers are
completely excluded and even the most popular community servers are
starting to empty out.

Even if you are not hosting TF2, you should be more considerate and
think about the possibility that something like this will happen to
your server and game.

John Schoenick or Eric Smith, if by any chance you are reading this,
these changes will probably kill community servers for good. I've seen
many of the most popular ones empty out for the first time this
Halloween. If you want to just kill community servers, at least have
the decency to tell us so we do not waste anymore time and money.