The Psalms, starting at chapter 82

Psalm 82

 A Psalm by Asaph.

 {82:1} God presides in the great assembly.
   He judges among the gods.
 {82:2} "How long will you judge unjustly,
   and show partiality to the wicked?"
 Selah.

 {82:3} "Defend the weak, the poor, and the fatherless.
   Maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
 {82:4} Rescue the weak and needy.
   Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked."
 {82:5} They don't know, neither do they understand.
   They walk back and forth in darkness.
   All the foundations of the earth are shaken.
 {82:6} I said, "You are gods,
   all of you are sons of the Most High.
 {82:7} Nevertheless you shall die like men,
   and fall like one of the rulers."
 {82:8} Arise, God, judge the earth,
   for you inherit all of the nations.

Psalm 83

 A song. A Psalm by Asaph.

 {83:1} God, don't keep silent.
   Don't keep silent,
   and don't be still, God.
 {83:2} For, behold, your enemies are stirred up.
   Those who hate you have lifted up their heads.
 {83:3} They conspire with cunning against your people.
   They plot against your cherished ones.
 {83:4} "Come," they say, "and let's destroy them as a nation,
   that the name of Israel may be remembered no more."
 {83:5} For they have conspired together with one mind.
   They form an alliance against you.
 {83:6} The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
   Moab, and the Hagrites;
 {83:7} Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek;
   Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
 {83:8} Assyria also is joined with them.
   They have helped the children of Lot.
 Selah.
 {83:9} Do to them as you did to Midian,
   as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the river Kishon;
 {83:10} who perished at Endor,
   who became as dung for the earth.
 {83:11} Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb;
   yes, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna;
   {83:12} who said, "Let us take possession of God's pasturelands."
 {83:13} My God, make them like tumbleweed;
   like chaff before the wind.
 {83:14} As the fire that burns the forest,
   as the flame that sets the mountains on fire,
   {83:15} so pursue them with your tempest,
   and terrify them with your storm.
 {83:16} Fill their faces with confusion,
   that they may seek your name, LORD.
 {83:17} Let them be disappointed and dismayed forever.
   Yes, let them be confounded and perish;
 {83:18} that they may know that you alone, whose name is the LORD,
   are the Most High over all the earth.

Psalm 84

 For the Chief Musician. On an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by the sons
 of Korah.

 {84:1} How lovely are your dwellings,
   LORD of Hosts!
 {84:2} My soul longs, and even faints for the courts of the LORD.
   My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
 {84:3} Yes, the sparrow has found a home,
   and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young,
   near your altars, LORD of Hosts, my King, and my God.
 {84:4} Blessed are those who dwell in your house.
   They are always praising you.
 Selah.
 {84:5} Blessed are those whose strength is in you;
   who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage.
 {84:6} Passing through the valley of Weeping, they make it a place of
        springs.
   Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings.
 {84:7} They go from strength to strength.
   Everyone of them appears before God in Zion.
 {84:8} LORD, God of Hosts, hear my prayer.
   Listen, God of Jacob.
 Selah.
 {84:9} Behold, God our shield,
   look at the face of your anointed.
 {84:10} For a day in your courts is better than a thousand.
   I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,
   than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
 {84:11} For the LORD God is a sun and a shield.
   The LORD will give grace and glory.
   He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly.
 {84:12} LORD of Hosts,
   blessed is the man who trusts in you.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.