arch...@jab.org

Paul's Letter to the Galatians, Chapter 2

   {2:1} Then after a period of fourteen years I went up again to
 Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus also with me. {2:2} I went up by
 revelation, and I laid before them the Good News which I proclaim
 among the Gentiles, but privately before those who were respected, for
 fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. {2:3} But not even
 Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be
 circumcised. {2:4} This was because of the false brothers secretly
 brought in, who stole in to spy out our liberty which we have in
 Messiah Yeshua, that they might bring us into bondage; {2:5} to whom
 we gave no place in the way of subjection, not for an hour, that the
 truth of the Good News might continue with you. {2:6} But from those
 who were reputed to be important (whatever they were, it makes no
 difference to me; God doesn't show partiality to man)--they, I say,
 who were respected imparted nothing to me, {2:7} but to the contrary,
 when they saw that I had been entrusted with the Good News for the
 uncircumcision, even as Peter with the Good News for the circumcision
 {2:8} (for he who appointed Peter to be an emissary of the
 circumcision appointed me also to the Gentiles); {2:9} and when they
 perceived the grace that was given to me, Jacob and [1>]Kefa[<1] and
 Yochanan, they who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas
 the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles, and
 they to the circumcision. {2:10} They only asked us to remember the
 poor--which very thing I was also zealous to do.

   {2:11} But when Peter came to Antioch, I resisted him to his face,
 because he stood condemned. {2:12} For before some people came from
 Jacob, he ate with the Gentiles. But when they came, he drew back and
 separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. {2:13}
 And the rest of the Jewish believers joined him in his hypocrisy; so
 that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy. {2:14} But
 when I saw that they didn't walk uprightly according to the truth of
 the Good News, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew,
 live as the Gentiles do, and not as the Jews do, why do you compel the
 Gentiles to live as the Jews do?

   {2:15} "We, being Jews by birth, and not Gentile sinners, {2:16} yet
 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but
 through faith in Yeshua the Messiah, even we believed in Messiah
 Yeshua, that we might be justified by faith in Messiah, and not by the
 works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of
 the law. {2:17} But if, while we sought to be justified in Messiah, we
 ourselves also were found sinners, is Messiah a servant of sin?
 Certainly not! {2:18} For if I build up again those things which I
 destroyed, I prove myself a law-breaker. {2:19} For I, through the
 law, died to the law, that I might live to God. {2:20} I have been
 crucified with Messiah, and it is no longer I that live, but Messiah
 living in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith
 in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me. {2:21} I
 don't make void the grace of God. For if righteousness is through the
 law, then Messiah died for nothing!"

Footnotes:
[1] {2:9} Greek: Cephas

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.