Paul's Letter to the Galatians, Chapter 3

   {3:1} Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the
 truth, before whose eyes Yeshua the Messiah was openly set forth among
 you as crucified? {3:2} I just want to learn this from you. Did you
 receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?
 {3:3} Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now
 completed in the flesh? {3:4} Did you suffer so many things in vain,
 if it is indeed in vain? {3:5} He therefore who supplies the Spirit to
 you, and works miracles among you, does he do it by the works of the
 law, or by hearing of faith? {3:6} Even as Abraham "believed God, and
 it was counted to him for righteousness." {3:7} Know therefore that
 those who are of faith, the same are children of Abraham. {3:8} The
 Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith,
 preached the Good News beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you all the
 nations will be blessed."[1] {3:9} So then, those who are of faith are
 blessed with the faithful Abraham. {3:10} For as many as are of the
 works of the law are under a curse. For it is written, "Cursed is
 everyone who doesn't continue in all things that are written in the
 scroll of the Torah, to do them."[2] {3:11} Now that no man is
 justified by the law before God is evident, for, "The righteous will
 live by faith."[3] {3:12} The law is not of faith, but, "The man who
 does them will live by them."[4]

   {3:13} Messiah redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become
 a curse for us. For it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a
 tree,"[5] {3:14} that the blessing of Abraham might come on the
 Gentiles through Messiah Yeshua; that we might receive the promise of
 the Spirit through faith. {3:15} Brothers, speaking of human terms,
 though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been confirmed, no
 one makes it void, or adds to it. {3:16} Now the promises were spoken
 to Abraham and to his seed. He doesn't say, "To seeds," as of many,
 but as of one, "To your seed,"[6] which is Messiah. {3:17} Now I say
 this. A covenant confirmed beforehand by God in Messiah, the law,
 which came four hundred thirty years after, does not annul, so as to
 make the promise of no effect. {3:18} For if the inheritance is of the
 law, it is no more of promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by
 promise.

   {3:19} What then is the law? It was added because of transgressions,
 until the seed should come to whom the promise has been made. It was
 ordained through angels by the hand of a mediator. {3:20} Now a
 mediator is not between one, but God is one. {3:21} Is the law then
 against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a
 law given which could make alive, most certainly righteousness would
 have been of the law. {3:22} But the Scriptures imprisoned all things
 under sin, that the promise by faith in Yeshua the Messiah might be
 given to those who believe. {3:23} But before faith came, we were kept
 in custody under the law, confined for the faith which should
 afterwards be revealed. {3:24} So that the law has become our tutor to
 bring us to Messiah, that we might be justified by faith. {3:25} But
 now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. {3:26} For
 you are all children of God, through faith in Messiah Yeshua. {3:27}
 For as many of you as were immersed into Messiah have put on Messiah.
 {3:28} There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free
 man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Messiah
 Yeshua. {3:29} If you are Messiah's, then you are Abraham's seed and
 heirs according to promise.

Footnotes:
[1] {3:8} Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18

[2] {3:10} Deuteronomy 27:26

[3] {3:11} Habakkuk 2:4

[4] {3:12} Leviticus 18:5

[5] {3:13} Deuteronomy 21:23

[6] {3:16} Genesis 12:7; 13:15; 24:7

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.