I also think that authenticate is only half the story. There is some
code somewhere that is checking for unique users, currently by
email_address, which prevents a new user being created with the same
email_address. We need to be able to create another user with the same
email address but different organisation_id. I have had a look through
the signup process but could not find where this might be happening.

Thanks
Adam

On Mar 24, 12:02 pm, adamski <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks Brett
>
> Is there an easy way to override methods in plugins/hobo? Not sure I
> have it right:
>
> I created a file called hobo_user.rb and put it in my lib folder, code
> below.
> I put a a line in my environment.rb
>
> require 'hobo_user'
>
> Many thanks
> Adam
>
> ................................................
>
> module Hobo
>
>   module User
>
>     module ClassMethods
>       # Authenticates a user by their login name and unencrypted
> password.  Returns the user or nil.
>       def authenticate(login, password)
>         u = find(:first, :conditions => ["#...@login_attribute} = ?",
> login]) # need to get the salt
>
>         RAILS_DEFAULT_LOGGER.debug "CUSTOM HOBO USER AUTH"
>
>         if u && u.authenticated?(password)
>           if u.respond_to?(:last_login_at) || u.respond_to?
> (:login_count)
>             u.last_login_at = Time.now if u.respond_to?
> (:last_login_at)
>             u.login_count = (u.login_count.to_i + 1) if u.respond_to?
> (:login_count)
>             u.save
>           end
>           u
>         else
>           nil
>         end
>       end
>     end
>   end
> end
>
> On Mar 23, 6:03 pm, Brett Nelson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > authenticate in vendor/plugins/hobo/hobo/lib/hobo/user.rb
>
> > Brett
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to