OK, I was able to run the selenium integration test.  Unlike what I
wrote earlier, I didn't have to change the test at all, but I did have
to fix up the controllers.  I checked, and all the changes I made are
in the tutorial.

You also had "has_many :tasks" in story.rb twice.

Here are the changes I made (note, this diff is backwards).

diff --git a/app/controllers/stories_controller.rb b/app/controllers/
stories_con
index d2b7767..f0dd368 100644
--- a/app/controllers/stories_controller.rb
+++ b/app/controllers/stories_controller.rb
@@ -2,8 +2,6 @@ class StoriesController < ApplicationController

   hobo_model_controller

-  auto_actions :show, :edit, :update, :destroy
-
-  auto_actions_for :project, [:new, :create]
+  auto_actions :all

 end
diff --git a/app/controllers/story_statuses_controller.rb b/app/
controllers/stor
index 318bad5..a94b44f 100644
--- a/app/controllers/story_statuses_controller.rb
+++ b/app/controllers/story_statuses_controller.rb
@@ -2,6 +2,6 @@ class StoryStatusesController < ApplicationController

   hobo_model_controller

-  auto_actions :write_only, :new, :index
+  auto_actions :write_only

 end
diff --git a/app/controllers/tasks_controller.rb b/app/controllers/
tasks_control
index 7423c3b..f5a4f00 100644
--- a/app/controllers/tasks_controller.rb
+++ b/app/controllers/tasks_controller.rb
@@ -2,8 +2,6 @@ class TasksController < ApplicationController

   hobo_model_controller

-  auto_actions :write_only, :edit
-
-  auto_actions_for :story, :create
+  auto_actions :all

 end
diff --git a/app/models/story.rb b/app/models/story.rb
index ac4b6cf..431c21e 100644
--- a/app/models/story.rb
+++ b/app/models/story.rb
@@ -3,6 +3,7 @@ class Story < ActiveRecord::Base
   hobo_model # Don't put anything above this

   belongs_to :project
+  has_many :tasks, :dependent => :destroy

   belongs_to :status, :class_name => "StoryStatus"


On Mar 26, 9:41 am, Bryan Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> BTW, The URL ishttp://gist.github.com/84339.
>
> This is awesome.
>
> I ran the selenium integration test that I added to the GitHub agility
> project.  I got about 3/4's of the way through it by making three
> changes:
>
> adding "auto_actions_for :project, [:new, :create]" to
> stories_controller
> adding "auto_actions_for :story, :create" to tasks_controller
> changing the line in the selenium test where it says "FIXME: better
> selector" to use a better selector.  :)
> in this case: 'click_and_wait "css=.edit-link"'
>
> that got me about 3/4's of the way through.  Hopefully I'll get to the
> rest of it this evening.
>
> So so far the integration test hasn't found any divergence between the
> agility tutorial and agility.git.  I'm sure there are some divergences
> as you claim, but our divergences our more fundamental at the
> moment. :)
>
> To me this screams "doctest".   If we merged agility.markdown and your
> script -- lovely.  Google doesn't know about any "shdoctest"'s.
> Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to either create shdoctest or
> convert your script to ruby through the liberal use of heredocs and
> backticks....
>
> cheers,
> Bryan
>
> tmorgan99 wrote:
> > Hello!
>
> > I would like to offer a revision to the 'Agility' app, with its
> > tutorial, as it appears in the Cookbook.
>
> > I have noticed that the Agility git repo does not co-respond to the
> > result of following the tutorial.
> > This is what happens in a rapidly evolving framework, but can be very
> > confusing, and self defeating to new comers.
>
> > To this end, I propose a script that can be run as one follows along
> > with the tutorial text, that can generate the app step by step.
>
> > Along the way, I created a kind of 'uber'-migrator, that I use as a
> > front end into hobo-migration.  I am able to specify many aspects of
> > migration 'out in the open', and I find that leads to greater
> > understanding of the process involved.
>
> >  would like to take this further, to create an integrated tutorial
> > approach worthy of the hobo framework.
>
> > Please run my script, as seen in the gist, and offer your feedbacks!
> > gist: 84339
> > Thanks...
> > == Tim
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to