There are lots of books and articles out there explaining how to 
optimize Rails applications.  Virtually all of these techniques work on 
Hobo applications as well.

The two biggies are:

1) run in production mode. This is done by setting the environment 
variable RAILS_ENV to "production".   You'll probably want to be running 
production servers behind a "real" web server such as Apache.  Perhaps 
the easiest way to do so is to use Passenger Phusion (http://modrails.com).

2) Optimize your database queries.  Ideally, you just want to have one 
database query for every web page requested.  The main technique used is 
called "eager loading".   Google for "optimize database queries rails" 
or "eager loading rails" etc.

This is harder in Hobo than it is in Rails because so many database 
queries are implicit in Hobo.  You can install the sql_logging plugin to 
determine why each database query is triggered.

Once you've covered those 2, you can move on to caching.  There are lots 
of caching techniques, some easier than others.   The cookbook uses 
caches_page on all of its static pages.

cheers,
Bryan



Dale Gregory wrote:
> Hi all,  I have been using hobo to prototype a new ERP system for our
> company.  I love how quickly I can put together everything and demo
> for my boss.  My application is getting pretty large and I am seeing
> slowdowns now as I move from screen to screen. I have 60 models that
> are all fully related to each other.  What should I do to make it run
> faster? Is there a setting that puts it into production mode that will
> new quicker?
> 
> Thanks!...Dale
> > 
> 


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to