I am just starting to user RoR again and I want to make sure that I
can protect my database in a way I am familiar with. ie. check out the
what is created and change if needed use SQL directly(things like
foriegn keys, unique indices,not null).  Since data generally long
outlive the application that creates it, I want to have full control
over the SQL for future migration.  If Hobo can do everything I need
that is great, if it does not handle everything currently but is OK
with me manapulating or building the SQL create statements then I can
start using Hobo confident I have a resileint DB storage.

On Aug 29, 4:59 am, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes.  I am curious, too.
>
> On Aug 28, 4:41 am, Scott Bronson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM, ryuuguu <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > I will be usingpostgresfor my DB and would like to manually tweak
> > > the table creation.  Are there any special consideration to take in to
> > > account if I use Hobo as compared to a regular RoR app?
>
> > Not really!  It should be pretty straightforward.
>
> > What sort of manual tweaks do you want to make to your tables?  It sounds
> > like you want to generate your schema manually instead of using HoboFields.
> > No problem, Hobo supports that, but it's somewhat surprising since
> > HoboFields is really nice to use.
>
> >     - Scott
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to