Mmmm.  Gotcha.  That's a Bryan or Tom question. : -)

On Oct 20, 9:36 am, dd <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply, but I don't need to check the current state. I need
> to retrieve any state from the set of states of the lifecycle. Some sort of
> accessor that fails at compile-time unless you type correctly, like a
> constant indeed.
>
>
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried this?
>
> >    currentstste=article.lifecycle.state_name
>
> > -Owen
>
> > On Oct 20, 1:26 am, dd <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > When you define:
>
> > >      class Article < ActiveRecord::Base
> > >        Status = HoboFields::EnumString.for
> > > (:draft, :approved, :published)
> > >        fields do
> > >          status Status
> > >        end
> > >      end
>
> > > You can use the Article::Status::APPROVED instead of the string
> > > 'approved', and you will avoid any possible typo.
>
> > > Is there anything like that (i mean constants or accessors) for the
> > > Lifecycle states?
>
> > > If you have:
>
> > >      state :foo, :default => true
> > >      state :bar
>
> > > How can you access the values through a constant? Something like:
> > > Article::State::FOO or Article::Lifecycle::State::FOO.
>
> > > I know: I could set the constants manually and use them to define the
> > > states, but that;s not sexy, specially if there are some internal
> > > constants already set, but I don't find them.
>
> > > What is the official way to access any defined state string/symbol?
>
> > > Thank you
>
> --
> "I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no
> matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or
> man-made, I always hope it gets worse." (George Carlin)
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to