I  did not find any documentation on the following 2 methods :

/***************************/

def hobo_ajax_response(*args)
      results = args.extract_options!
      page_path = params[:page_path]
      r = params[:render]
      if r
        ajax_update_response(page_path, r.values, results)
        true
      else
        false
      end
    end


    def ajax_update_response(page_path, render_specs, results={})
      @template.send(:_evaluate_assigns_and_ivars)
      renderer = Hobo::Dryml.page_renderer(@template, [], page_path)
if page_path

      render :update do |page|
        page << "var _update = typeof Hobo == 'undefined' ?
Element.update : Hobo.updateElement;"
        for spec in render_specs
          function = spec[:function] || "_update"
          dom_id = spec[:id]

          if spec[:part_context]
            part_content = renderer.refresh_part(spec[:part_context],
session, dom_id)
            page.call(function, dom_id, part_content)
          elsif spec[:result]
            result = results[spec[:result].to_sym]
            page.call(function, dom_id, result)
          else
            # spec didn't specify any action :-/
          end
        end
        page << renderer.part_contexts_storage if renderer
      end
    end

/****************************/

Having a limited knowledge of Ruby, I am having trouble going through
the
above. What I have is a form with

   update="mydiv"

In the controller there is:

def login
   login do
        respond_to do |wants|
          wants.html { }
          wants.js { hobo_ajax_response }
        end
   end
end


Would like to load a partial that has an edit form for user during
this
call, which would go into 'mydiv'.

I believe the way to do this without using hobo_ajax_response is
by creating an instance of @user in  def login ( @user =
current_user ??),
then having a login.rjs file with:

    page[:archsignup].replace_html :partial => 'edit', :object =>
@user

and a file  '_edit.drml'  with my <edit-user /> form in it.

So how would I do the above using hobo_ajax_response?



If the above is not possible, is there a JQuery method I could use?
I read that using JQuery directly would not work, but could be
used to call an action in the controller to render the partial.
Not familiar with JQuery, but assuming this would be
something that could be used similar to

   success="$.get-----"
...and create a method in users_controller, something like

def login
   login do
        respond_to do |wants|
          wants.html { }
          wants.js
        end
   end
end



Cheers,

   Jet
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to