I've been running into an issue with a model, that has a float field that is
used to store dollar amounts.  The users are entering in their dollar
amounts using this format:  2,000 but after the form is submitting, the
value is being saved as 2.0 instead of 2000.0.  By the time the value
reaches the 'before_validation' or 'before_update' method in my model, the
value has already been converted to 2.0, so, where can I drop some code to
remove the commas from the input?  Since there is no exception being
generated I'm not sure what code to look at.  ( Also I'm not sure if this is
a rails or hobo issue ).

thanks for your help

-- 
Venka Ashtakala, B.Eng, G.C. Eng
Venka Ashtakala & Associates
Software Development Consultants
Office:  +1-703-596-0287
Fax:     +1-815-550-1356
Mobile: +91 9886304317
[email protected]

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to