Hi,

Actually, it wasn't that hard. I had to remove a "bool_attribute_accessor"
call and some references in Hobo::Permissions::Associations to Hobo::Model
(which I just replaced with Hobo::Permissions). Works great! I even built a
role system around it yesterday. Real clean. I really like this little piece
of Hobo, and I like the idea of Hobo itself, but alot of it is a bit
overkill for my simple projects (lack of training/familiarity with the
framework is also a big hurdle). I always hated projects that I came onto
that were already developed and needed changes/maintaining, and they
referenced random methods I had never heard of in Rails base classes, with
no clear way to find out how they were being mixed-in. So only "include"-ing
the little pieces that are absolutely necessary is a smart idea.

Here's the files! http://gist.github.com/222602

Thanks for the great code guys!

--
Adam Grant
Lead Web Engineer
Telaeris, Inc.
[email protected]
(858) 627-9710


On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> On Oct 29, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Harmon wrote:
>
> >
> > I was wondering how I can utilize JUST the permissions module? I tried
> > copying permissions.rb to /lib, requiring it in environment.rb, and
> > include-ing it in one of my models, but it seems it is tightly
> > integrated to other parts of Hobo, which I really don't need. Any
> > ideas?
> >
>
> This seems like a *really* bad idea. I can't imagine how you could get
> this working, nor would this work if you tried it with a piece of most
> any other Rails plugin.
>
> --Matt Jones
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to