Yes, except it needs to be with="&@prose" in your example

On Nov 9, 2:21 pm, christian <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you so much for your responses. I really appreciate the help this
> community provides for people trying to understand. It really helps me fill
> in the gaps of what I am reading from the available tutorials. (Is there a
> full copy of the book available? It seems only to go up to chapter 4)
>
>   Assign your finder to @submissions (or even self.this) and
> then reference in the view.
>
> So I can assign found values to @something in the controller and then call
> them into tables when I need them?
> (ex: def account
>       hobo_show
>     �...@prose = Submission.find(:all, :conditions => ["users.genre = ?",
> "Prose"],
>      end)
> Then do a <table-plus with="@prose"...?
>
> I was going to attempt to do something similar with 'this' but I wanted to
> split the page between roles and call different table-plus tables for each
> user . I would rather learn to do it the right way rather than just a way
> that works so any information or link to a tutorial would be appreciated.
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM, kevinpfromnm <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>
>
> > Bryan got the main question but I'll point out that the 'with'
> > attribute basically takes a ruby object (i.e. anything in ruby really)
> > and sets the context to it.  The & symbol, tells it to evaluate what
> > follows as ruby code (other wise it, just tries calling the string as
> > a method).
>
> > Implicit context is a tough concept to grasp fully at first but it's
> > definitely one of the more powerful things in dryml.  Everywhere along
> > any dryml page there is a 'this' object.  Tags can change context for
> > their span (i.e. with the with or field attribute).  See the dryml
> > guide in the cookbook for more info
> >http://cookbook.hobocentral.net/manual/dryml-guide
>
> > On Nov 8, 8:35 pm, upisdown <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I am trying to render a complicated table and need some advice. I am
> > > trying to use this code which shows no errors but does not work.
>
> > >  <table-plus with="&Submission.all" where="current_user.comments !=
> > > comments && @user.genre == 'Prose'" fields="issue, this, owner, genre,
> > > comments.count, judgements">
>
> > >          </table-plus>
>
> > > Can I use where to put more arguments on with? Is there a way to run
> > > arguments against the with param so that I can draw a more specific
> > > table? Can I do it with ruby?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to