Hi folks,

I'm struggling to put together a permission system required for
transitions on one of my models.

The app needs to allow users to create quotes, and then change the
state of a quote, if they have access to do this.
Access is determined from a integer value in the 'acl_group' Model,
which each user belongs to. This is loosely based on the linux
permission system i.e.
0=no access,
1=create quotes + read/update quotes they own,
2= create quotes + read/update ALL quotes
3 = same as level 2 but can delete quotes

My simplified models are below:

Model User
belongs_to :acl_group
has_many :quote

Model acl_group
quote  :integer
has_many :user

Model quote
belongs_to :user
lifecycle do
    state :quoted, :default => true
    state :won

    create :make_quote, :become => :quoted do end

    transition :won, {:quoted => :won}, :available_to =>
"acting_user.administrator ||  acting_user.acl_group.quote > 1 ||
acting_user.acl_group.quote = 1 && acting_user == user"
  end


I've tried using the String option, which never grants access and also
tried a code-block which didn't appear to work (I couldn't get past a
'ERROR NameError: undefined local variable or method' error, putting
the code block either in the controller or model (within lifecycle
block and outside).

I trust that I am probably missing something very obvious here, or
maybe just approaching this in the wrong way?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to